I need a….
July 20th, 2012
Technology is great – my typing gets me by, but I miss some of the old-fashioned ways of doing things. So I thought you might enjoy my 15 ‘must haves’ for a great working day; 8 old-fashioned ones and 7 techy ones.
1. My mug – great coffee with fresh milk (not cream) – why have plastic coffee when fresh coffee in a china mug tastes so much better and you get double the quantity of a plastic cup!
2. My radio with digital tuning to get me onto the station that suits my mood.
3. A notepad made with good quality paper – A5 suits me best.
4. A smooth writing pen – actually a propelling pencil is my favorite – writing is such a pleasure with good tools!
5. Post It notes. Just how many times can you move them? Different colours too making planning so much easier – Post It planning – just brilliant!
6. Flip charts, rolls of wallpaper, A2 & A3 sheets, in fact anything to write on, draw on or stick to
7. BluTack – not just to stick things onto the wall but to fiddle with too!
8. Coloured pens – for mind mapping, planning charts and red for editing of course!
Now my techy bits..
1. My Alfa Guiletta – pure pleasure driving with fabulous style too
2. i-phone and ipad, naturally…
3. Sky Caddie for the golf course. At least I know just how far off-line I am with this gadget!
4. Kindle, especially in the sunshine!
5. Dropbox – access 24/7 worldwide – who wouldn’t want this
6. Dragon Dictation – but this could be superseeded if I could find something to scan my writing and convert it into text. Suggestions welcome!
7. Gareth, my web guy – for some things you just need a person…..
What makes your day?